Our team is growing, and so can your career! If you have technical education and professional experience in administering IT infrastructure running Linux ecosystem of tools and have a strong desire to expand your knowledge in managing public cloud infrastructure, please apply.
Our Technical Infrastructure team is looking for a Systems Engineer with experience building, managing and supporting IT infrastructure used to support Athenium’s corporate IT as well as customer-facing products. A successful candidate will have core experience in Linux systems administration, with familiarity or experience working in a complex IT infrastructure that involves network management, storage management, physical and virtual server management, and live and disaster recovery environments. The candidate should be interested in new technologies and be able to develop and deploy innovative solutions to help IT operations. In this role, the candidate will be focusing mainly on managing data center operations but may get opportunities to work on public cloud infrastructure.
- As part of the DevOps team, administer a large fleet of production and non-production Linux servers and help with patches, troubleshooting, user administration, and storage management.
- Manage core IT infrastructures services such as Email server, Linux package management, DNS and LDAP.
- Work closely with the IT department in supporting edge services including Firewalls, VPN, network zones, and network equipment.
- Available 24×7 and perform any required off-hour maintenance, troubleshooting and resolution.
- Grow into becoming a subject matter expert in managing system software, 3rd party packages physical and virtual servers and data center related work
- Develop relevant documentation such as Runbooks/Playbooks on an on-going basis of the systems and procedures involving IT infrastructure.
- Continuously improve documentation related to hardware, software, systems, procedures, users, security, backup and replication.
- Responsible for performing vulnerability assessment of internal and external-facing networks and systems
- Collaborate closely with the multiple technology and cross-functional groups within the organization on their infrastructure related requests.
- Research, evaluate and do prototype implementation of new technologies.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Please apply if you have some or all of the following:
- High curiosity to learn and engage in continuous improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline with at least 4 years of relevant work experience
- 2+ years of demonstrated work experience administering mission-critical environment running tens of Linux servers.
- Solid experience using Linux and its ecosystem of packages and methods related to systems administration, security management (Chkrootkit, ClamAV etc.,) and storage management (LVM, RAID levels). Debian based package development is highly desirable.
- Experience in administering and support of file sharing technologies such as Samba
- In-depth understanding of underlying web and network technologies (HTTP/S, TCP/IP, SSL, DNS, and SSH)
- Expertise in one or more of the scripting languages such as Bash, Perl, and Python
- Experience in analysis, design and roll out of Linux patches and upgrades to a fleet of servers using testable and recoverable methods
- Willingness to participate in 24×7 on-call support by troubleshooting and resolving any production issues
- Working knowledge of security related tools used in large IT environments such as Nagios, Zabbix, Alertlogic, ManageEngine or OpenVAS
- Ability to coordinate and implement infrastructure software and hardware changes as needed
- Good verbal communication skills
Bonus points for:
- Prior experience working on a hybrid environment such as data center and public cloud
- Hands-on experience supporting Windows Server platforms and Windows AD
- Experience supporting network infrastructure tools such as VPN, threat management and firewalls
- Familiarity with AWS services such as EC2, EBS, VPC, Subnet, and other network services
- Familiarity with high-level language such as Java or C
- Prior experience managing VMWare technologies
- Prior experience administering Cisco network equipment and in using Cisco IOS