Our Technical Infrastructure team is looking for a Linux Systems Administrator with experience building, managing and supporting IT infrastructure used to support Athenium’s customer-facing products. A successful candidate will have core experience in Linux systems administration, with familiarity working in a complex IT infrastructure that involves network management, storage management, physical and virtual server management, and live and disaster recovery environments. The candidate should be interested in new technologies and be able to develop and deploy innovative solutions to help IT operations. In this role, the candidate will be focusing mainly on managing data center operations but may get opportunities to work on public cloud infrastructure.
If you have technical education and professional experience in administering IT infrastructure running Linux and its ecosystem of packages and have a large number of the qualifications below, please apply!
- As part of the DevOps team, administer a large fleet of production and non-production Linux servers and help with patches, troubleshooting, user administration, and storage management
- Work closely with the IT department in supporting edge services including Firewalls, VPN, network zones, and network equipment
- Provide after-hours support on a rotation basis
- Document operational procedures of IT processes and systems that you build and manage
- Perform periodic security activities such as vulnerability assessment, package management, patching, and auditing of internal and external-facing networks and systems
- Collaborate closely with other groups in the organization on their infrastructure related requests
- Research, evaluate and do prototype implementation of new technologies
- Perform various other duties as assigned
- High curiosity to learn and engage in continuous improvement
- Technical degree in a related discipline with at least 4 years of relevant work experience
- 5+ years of demonstrated work experience in Linux system administration
- Solid experience using Linux and its ecosystem of packages and methods related to systems administration, security management (Chkrootkit, ClamAV etc.,) and storage management (LVM, RAID levels). Debian based package development is highly desirable.
- Proficient in a scripting language such as Bash, Perl, and Python
- Willingness to participate in 24×7 on-call support rotation
- Good understanding of network layer and protocols (SNMP, HTTP/S, TCP/IP, SSL, DNS, and SSH)
- Familiarity using security monitoring tools such as Nagios, ManageEngine, and OpenVAS
- Good verbal communication skills
- Prior experience working on a hybrid environment such as datacenter and public cloud
- Experience supporting network security areas such as VPN, threat management and firewalls
- Prior experience managing VMWare ESX environments
- Prior experience supporting Cisco network equipment such as Cisco ASA
What we look for:
- Outstanding listening, analytical, organizational and time management skills. Ability to dig into data, surface actionable insights and demonstrates sound decision-making skills. A problem-solver at heart.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously, while meeting team deadlines.
- Strong work ethic, hands-on, detail oriented with a customer service mentality.
- Team player, ability to work cross-functionally, self-driven, motivated, and able to work under pressure.
- Sense of humor, personality, and enthusiasm!
The position will be based in Dover, NH.