Athenium Analytics is seeking a highly motivated, results-driven junior level Sales Representative with good interpersonal skills to join our sales team. Qualified candidates will have excellent communication skills, be highly competitive and financially motivated.
Athenium Analytics has a team-based culture where we work hard and have fun while doing it. We seek to add team members who have the ability to work well in a collaborative environment and can demonstrate critical thinking skills and explain complex ideas to the group. Open communication and working well with others is extremely valuable.
The successful candidate will:
- Deliver against quarterly sales targets
- Qualify, pursue and close prospective clients, which includes:
- Creating business opportunities by identifying prospective clients, evaluating their position in the industry, and engaging with them to understand their needs and being able to present their options
- Working closely with the Marketing team to effectively manage inbound opportunities
- Being able to speak to our products and features, and working in conjunction with the Client Services team to address any questions that might arise
- Managing sales pipeline and opportunities in CRM
- Negotiating pricing and commercial terms
- Having a positive, resilient attitude
- Make regular – sometimes short notice – visits to clients, prospective customers, business partners, or trade shows, which may require long hours as well as nights or weekends to accommodate
- Develop and implement new sales initiatives, strategies and programs to capture key demographics based on industry trends, market activities, competitors, etc.
- Execute on new sales initiatives to sell new and in-development products that will be released post-sale
- The exciting/dreaded “other duties as assigned”
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or a related field
- 1-3 years of sales experience
- Track record of excellent performance metrics and successful sales
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong decision-making abilities
- Ability to travel up to two weeks a month
- Strong interest in science & technology
- Scientific industry experience (educational or professional) a plus
- B2B sales experience a plus
- Familiarity with CRM a plus
What we look for
- Outstanding listening, analytical, organizational and time management skills. Ability to dig into data, surface actionable insights and demonstrates sound decision-making skills. A problem-solver at heart.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously, while meeting team deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; demonstrates a high level of diplomacy
- Strong work ethic; hands-on; detail oriented with a customer service mentality.
- Team player, ability to work cross-functionally; self-driven, motivated and able to work under pressure.
- Sense of humor, personality and enthusiasm!
This is a full-time role that will ideally be based in Dover, NH, but remote work can be considered.
About Athenium Analytics
Athenium Analytics is an insurtech SaaS company that uses historical data and predictive analytics to help insurance carriers & other organizations measure and manage quality and risk. Our web-based tools, specializing in quality assurance and risk management, are trusted by global, national and regional insurers. While insurance is our primary industry vertical, we also develop solutions for the U.S. Intelligence Community. Leveraging big data, cutting-edge artificial intelligence and market-driven insights, our products help organizational leadership identify and understand risk to make smart decisions faster.