Watch Our Hurricane Science & Insurance Loss Webinar with Hurricane Expert Dr. Phil Klotzbach
Hurricanes & Loss: Tips & Tools for Insurers to Prep for the 2019 Hurricane Season
Air Date: Wednesday May 29, 2019
Time: 2:00 PM Eastern
Duration: ~50 minutes
The U.S. hurricane season officially began on June 1st, and that means hurricane-related damages and claims may be just around the corner for insurers writing business along the Atlantic and Gulf Coast regions. Join Athenium Analytics and special guest Dr. Phil Klotzbach for a live webinar to discuss hurricane forecasts, trends and new analytics tools for insurance. The Hurricanes & Loss webinar is designed specifically for insurance executives working across claims, underwriting and risk management to help them better prepare for the upcoming hurricane season.
Cyrena-Marie Arnold, VP of Customer Success (and former TV meteorologist), will speak with Dr. Phil Klotzbach, the head research scientist from Colorado State University’s Department of Atmospheric Science. Dr. Klotzbach leads CSU’s Tropical Meteorology Project, which provides the nation’s most trusted hurricane season forecast. They’ll discuss the 2019 forecast, the science behind major hurricanes and the factors that lead to catastrophic damages. Mike Bennett, VP of Sales & Product Strategies, will also join the webinar to preview new insurtech software that provides extended hurricane forecasts, early storm alerts and interactive property exposure mapping. Are you and your policyholders ready for the 2019 hurricane season?
The webinar is under 60 minutes and includes the following topics:
- Overview of the 2019 hurricane season forecast by Dr. Klotzbach
- Q&A with Dr. Klotzbach about hurricane science as it relates to insurers
- Audience questions for Dr. Klotzbach and the Athenium Analytics team
- Review of the 2018 hurricane season, including Hurricanes Florence & Michael
- A look at key hurricane statistics & trends – and the effects of global warming
- Preview of new hurricane analytics, alerts and forecasting tools for insurers
Learn More About Our Hurricane Analytics Tools for Insurers: