At Athenium Analytics, our team works hard to provide you with the best data, insights and features to help your organizations thrive throughout the year.
Here’s a look at some of the highlights that contributed to a successful 2019:
- GaugeConstruction – In March, we introduced GaugeConstruction, the weather risk management dashboard that helps builders and contractors measure and mitigate natural hazard risks during planning and construction. As part of this launch, we partnered with the Associated General Contractors (AGC) of America, which is the nation’s leading construction association. AGC represents over 26,000 member firms.
Read the full press release.
Read about the new GaugeConstruction mobile app.
- teamthink Envoy™ – In August, Athenium Analytics launched our teamthink Envoy solution. This web-based claims audit and analytics suite enables small and regional insurance QA teams to streamline their claim reviews by automating the time-consuming processes associated with manual audits, including claims integration, file selection and the reporting of key metrics.
Read the full press release.
- GaugeFlood Risk Module – In September, our GaugeFlood risk modules got a significant upgrade with the addition of flash flood risk scores, joining river flood and storm surge scoring. This update rounds out our offerings to give insurers a holistic view of true flood risk across the nation using advanced property search functionality, map overlays and proprietary risk attributes with 10-meter accuracy.
- Whitepaper: Fire Drill: Is Your Portfolio Protected from Wildfire Risks?
- Infographic: Understanding Wildfire Risk to Write, Renew and Optimize Insurance Policies
- Blog: Winds Warmth and Wildfire Risks
Thought leadership content
Our team created compelling content this year that has helped drive thought leadership within the insurance and construction industries:
- Hurricane Science and Insurance Loss Webinar with Hurricane Expert Dr. Phil Klotzbach – This May webinar discussed the 2019 hurricane season forecasts, plus trends and new analytics tools for insurance.
- Billion-Dollar Storms: The Need for Insurance Weather Analytics in a Changing Climate – As climate change continues to bring more frequent, severe and costly natural disasters, insurance carriers must enhance their weather analytics tools or risk dramatic losses and worsening ratios.
- Conducting Insurance Claims Leakage Studies to Improve QA – This whitepaper, written in partnership with Ernst & Young, explains how claims leakage negatively affects financial performance and helps determine benefits from an objective assessment of claims practices.
- Adjust Your Claims Audits: 5 Common Issues and How to Fix Them – This whitepaper discusses five of the most common issues facing auditors and offers practical tips on how to mitigate issues before they affect your bottom line.
- 6 Steps to Improve Your Catastrophe Response Plan – Catastrophic natural disasters are more frequent and costly than ever. Catastrophe response plans are one important way for insurance carriers to help manage and prepare for the next severe event.
2019 was a big year for the Athenium Analytics team! In addition to personal achievements such as marriages and children, our team members were recognized both locally and nationally for their excellence in the field:
- In January, Cyrena-Marie Arnold, our VP of customer success, was named to the New Hampshire Union Leader’s prestigious 40 Under Forty list. The Union Leader’s 40 Under Forty celebrates outstanding individuals who are making a difference in their communities and professions. Read more.
- In June, Ellen Cousins, our chief science officer, was named to Insurance Business America’s 2019 Elite Women in Insurance list. The issue celebrated 68 women who are “changing the face of leadership in the insurance industry.” Read more.
- In October, Bill Pardue, our CEO and co-founder, and Beverly Parker, our EVP and co-founder, were named to The Washingtonian’s Tech Titans 2019 list of the best entrepreneurs in D.C. for the company’s work on the GaugeConstruction launch.
Thank you for sharing in our successful 2019! We look forward to this new decade bringing with it more innovations and technological advancements to help your business grow and thrive.