Athenium Analytics is seeking a talented and tech-savvy geospatial data analyst to primarily support hydrologic modeling and flood risk analysis which help serve a number of commercial and government clients.
The successful candidate will:
- Play a crucial geospatial support role on the science team, which is responsible for the development, maintenance and integration of weather, climate and other data into solutions that meet the needs of Athenium Analytics customers
- Assist in flood risk assessment efforts, incorporating governmental and proprietary data sources
- Assist in development of forecasting and analysis products focused on flood, storm surge and extreme rainfall events.
- Access and manipulate global, regional and unstructured data sets including, but not limited to, those produced by NOAA and USGS
- Work with other Athenium Analytics staff including data scientists, systems engineers, product developers and business developers
- Bachelor’s degree in hydrology, civil engineering, watershed science, geography, geographic information systems, or related discipline
- Two years of post-bachelor’s work experience, with significant programming responsibilities (time spent in graduate school applies towards work experience)
- Experience with programmatic spatial data analysis preferably using Python.
- Experience using GIS software such as QGIS and ArcGIS
- Demonstrated experience with geospatial analysis in support of hydrologic modeling
- Understanding of the science of pluvial and fluvial flooding
- Experience with visualization of scientific data and large datasets including remote sensing imagery
- Excellent skills in communicating scientific work
- Able to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced collaborative team environment
- Master’s degree in a quantitative or environmental discipline
- Significant experience using Python for geospatial analysis (e.g. GDAL, Fiona, Shapely, Rasterio, GeoPandas)
- Experience running and developing hydrologic and hydraulic models
- Experience developing code in a Linux environment (cloud computing experience, particularly Amazon Web Services, is a plus)
- Knowledge of storm surge models or datasets
- Experience accessing and analyzing meteorological data
- Sense of humor, personality, and enthusiasm!
- Athenium Analytics offers a competitive compensation package, including benefits and a 401K