Data Scientist / Sr. Data Scientist
Athenium Analytics is seeking a Data Scientist to assist the Data Science team in innovative data manipulation, analysis, predictive modeling, and delivery to commercial and government customers. Level of placement (regular or Senior Data Scientist) is dependent on prior experience.
Athenium Analytics has a team-based culture where we work hard and have fun while doing it. We seek to add team members who have the ability to work well in a collaborative environment and can demonstrate critical thinking skills and present and explain complex ideas to the group. Open communication and working well with others is of great value to us.
- Work with team members to solve world-class data science problems applied to insurance and non-insurance data
- Data sourcing, data cleansing, data processing
- Statistical and machine learning model development, validation, and implementation
- Work independently and with team members to develop, refine, implement, and scale data management and analytics procedures and systems
- Collaborate with data warehouse engineers and software developers to build inputs to business-ready products
- Graduate degree in a quantitative field (M.S. or Ph.D)
- Programming experience with Python, C++, IDL, R, or MATLAB (Python preferred)
- Working knowledge of statistical concepts and machine learning algorithms
- Experience using software libraries for data processing and preparation and machine learning model development
- Desire to learn about, explore, and invent new tools for solving real-world problems using data
- Keen attention to detail
- Familiarity with cloud computing, AWS preferred
- Familiarity with a Linux environment and shell scripting
- Experience analyzing unstructured data (e.g., NLP techniques)
- Proficiency with data extract, transform, and load (ETL) processes with a variety of data types and data storage types
What we look for
- Outstanding listening, analytical, organizational and time management skills. Ability to dig into data, surface actionable insights and demonstrates sound decision-making skills. A problem-solver at heart.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously, while meeting team deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; Demonstrates a high level of diplomacy.
- Strong work ethic, hands-on, detail oriented with a customer service mentality.
- Team player, ability to work cross-functionally, self-driven, motivated, and able to work under pressure.
- Sense of humor, personality, and enthusiasm!
This full time position will ideally be based in Dover, NH. Remote candidates will be considered.
About Athenium Analytics
Athenium Analytics is an Insurtech SaaS company that uses historical data and predictive analytics to help insurance carriers & other organizations measure and manage quality and risk. Our web-based tools, specializing in quality assurance and risk management, are trusted by global, national, and regional insurers. While insurance is our primary industry vertical, we also develop solutions for the U.S. Intelligence Community. Leveraging big data, cutting-edge artificial intelligence and market-driven insights, our products help organizational leadership identify and understand risk to make smart decisions faster. Learn more at: https://www.athenium.com