teamthink Full-Stack Software Engineer
Athenium Analytics is seeking a motivated Software Engineer to work on our team to design and develop creative software solutions for a variety of applications, and update and maintain existing applications and products. In this role, you may perform as Lead Software Engineer for small projects or sub projects.
Athenium Analytics has a team-based culture where we work hard and have fun while doing it. We seek to add team members who have the ability to work well in a collaborative environment and can demonstrate critical thinking skills and present and explain complex ideas to the group. Open communication and working well with others is of great value to us.
General Day to Day:
- Collaborate with product and account management to design solutions to customer needs
- Develop and document new software
- Test and maintain new and existing applications and features
- Work closely with Customer Success team to provide second level customer support and feedback
- Utilize software engineering tools such as configuration management systems, build processes, and debuggers in the software development process
- Collaborate and add value through participation in peer code reviews and design meetings, providing comments and suggestions
- Produce quality solutions in a fast-paced environment
- Work collaboratively and professionally with other team members in cross functional teams to achieve goals
- Apply a sense of urgency, commitment and focus on the right priorities in developing solutions in a timely fashion
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Math or Physics or a technical field (such as CIS or IT) OR a minimum of three years of relevant experience.
- Ability to use Linux-based operating systems.
- Experience developing commercial applications using Java.
- Experience with unit and integration testing.
- Proficient ability to capture and document software requirements
- Knowledge and utilization of engineering tools necessary for successful performance of the essential functions of this job description
- Understanding of configuration frameworks such as Spring and how to use Object Relational Mapping tools such as Hibernate.
- Experience using scripting languages or interpreted ones such as Python.
- Experience with database design and SQL.
- Familiarity with source code control and continuous integration products.
- Experience in AWS or other cloud environment.
What we look for
- Outstanding listening, analytical, organizational and time management skills. Ability to dig into data, surface actionable insights and demonstrates sound decision-making skills. A problem-solver at heart.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously, while meeting team deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; Demonstrates a high level of diplomacy.
- Strong work ethic, hands-on, detail oriented with a customer service mentality.
- Team player, ability to work cross-functionally, self-driven, motivated, and able to work under pressure.
- Sense of humor, personality, and enthusiasm!
This full time position will ideally be based in Dover, NH. Remote candidates will be considered.
About Athenium Analytics
Athenium Analytics is an insurtech SaaS company that uses historical data and predictive analytics to help insurance carriers & other organizations measure and manage quality and risk. Our web-based tools, specializing in quality assurance and risk management, are trusted by global, national and regional insurers. While insurance is our primary industry vertical, we also develop solutions for the U.S. Intelligence Community. Leveraging big data, cutting-edge artificial intelligence and market-driven insights, our products help organizational leadership identify and understand risk to make smart decisions faster.