As Product Science Business Development Manager, you will serve as the meteorological, data science, and/or technical resource for sales activities and engagements, have responsibility for account management of assigned accounts, and act as liaison between sales, science and product teams.
The ideal candidate will communicate the unique business value of Athenium Analytics products and services to prospects, customers, and others. They will contribute significantly to customer renewals and retentions, the development of products, and will be a leader in the identification and communication of our target market’s needs.
- Align with Athenium Analytics science, technology, and product teams to support pre and post-sales engagements, product demonstrations, and actively engage with the business development and sales teams in the development of product proposals and account plans to meet Athenium Analytics sales and revenue targets.
- Apply consultative solution selling skills to conduct discovery activities, translate needs into our solutions, articulate unique value and assist in driving sales to meteorological, data science, quality assurance and technical closure for relevant opportunities.
- Manage assigned accounts to ensure customers are using purchased solutions, are renewing existing contracts, and are acquiring additional products and services.
- Deliver product demonstrations, trials, proofs-of-concepts and post-sales diagnostic support – or support others.
- Collect and disseminate relevant customer and prospect feedback on products, customer requirements, and process improvements.
- Conduct training for customers and employees to educate them on our products, meteorology, and industry knowledge.
- Maintain deep meteorological and technical expertise across multiple product, solutions, and industry verticals relevant to the success of Athenium Analytics.
- Examine weather data and data science products for validity and improvement.
- B.S. in Meteorology, data science, engineering or closely related field.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Solution oriented, highly organized and self-motivated.
- Motivated by helping people solve problems; client-centered thinking.
- Ability to travel.
- Experience working with SaaS-based products.
- Ability to understand business motivations and requirements.
- Successful track record leading projects and teams.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with senior science, IT and product management personnel.
The most important aspects of the successful Product Science Business Development Manager is the acquisition, expansion and retention of satisfied customers by matching their needs with our capabilities.
Athenium Analytics has an entrepreneurial environment where highly motivated professionals can grow and flourish both professionally and personally in a team environment.