Athenium Analytics is seeking a Data Scientist with Natural Language Processing (NLP) expertise to assist the Data Science team in innovative data manipulation, analysis, predictive modeling, and delivery to commercial and government customers.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Web-scraping/sourcing, cleansing, and processing unstructured data
- Applying NLP techniques and tools to extract meaningful information from messy text data
- Statistical and machine learning model development, validation, and implementation
- Working both independently and with team members to develop, refine, implement, and scale data management and analytics procedures and systems
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field
- Significant programming experience with Python, C++, IDL, R, or MATLAB (Python preferred)
- Familiarity with a Linux environment and shell scripting
- Working knowledge of statistical concepts
- Experience using NLP software libraries (e.g., Python NLTK) to mine large text data sets
- Desire to learn about, explore, and invent new tools for solving real-world problems using data
- Sense of humor, personality, and enthusiasm!
- Cloud computing experience, Amazon Web Services (AWS) a plus
- Proficiency with data extract, transform, and load (ETL) processes with a variety of data types and data storage systems (e.g., AWS S3, PostgreSQL, Hadoop)
- Familiarity with deep learning algorithms and libraries (e.g., Tensorflow)
- Familiarity with optical character recognition (OCR) tools and techniques
- Athenium Analytics offers a competitive compensation package, including benefits and a 401K.