Rare opportunity to join a dynamic, fast-paced and rapidly growing data-science and insuretech company serving the private sector and the U.S. Intelligence & Defense Community.
Athenium Analytics is seeking an associate to support our management and market development team. This position calls for great organizational, multi-tasking and writing skills as well as strong interest in contributing to a client-centric, growth-stage business driven by science and technology.
This position will be based in Washington, DC, with occasional travel between company offices in New Hampshire and Massachusetts; likely no more than 20%. Success in this role for the right applicant should lead to promotion in 8-to-12 months, either within Corporate Development – or moving onto the business development, marketing or product teams.
All candidates must be available for an in-person interview in downtown Washington DC on Wednesday, June 26.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Manage short- and long-term scheduling priorities, including business-development and internal meetings, partnership discussions and other commitments
- Balance competing demands on a dynamic, fully-packed calendar that would frequently benefit from more hours in the day.
- Coordinate meeting preparation, including developing agendas, distributing invites, creating and refining PowerPoint presentation materials and handling logistical details
- Research meeting attendees and companies to provide comprehensive background information
- Assist planning and execution of company events
- Book and manage travel arrangements for executive staff
- Attend and participate in planning and operational meetings with product, technology, data science, meteorology and marketing teams
- The exciting/dreaded “other duties as assigned”
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience; prior scheduling or legislative/political support work strongly preferred
- BA degree, preferably in policy, business, communications, risk management or related field
- Boundless intellectual curiosity and excitement to grow alongside a fast-paced company
- Mastery level of writing
- Strong interest in learning more about science, technology and busines
Skills & Competencies:
- Excellent editing (with a complex understanding of the Oxford comma)
- Highly skilled with Microsoft Office, particularly PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Superb attention to detail, and must be unshakably devoted to checklists
- Comfort and skill in managing competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Great sense of humor
- Positive, resilient attitude and bias toward action
- Fact-based decision making
- Thriving under pressure and pleased to face challenging opportunities
- Diplomatic communication style for interacting with varied audiences
- Ability to work independently and with complete discretion
Skills & Competencies:
- Full-time starting August 2019
- Base salary: ~$50K commensurate with experience
- Eligible for performance-based bonuses & equity
- Excellent benefits package