Athenium Analytics is seeking a talented and tech-savvy meteorologist that can both manage an outstanding team of individual contributors and also directly create scientific advancements to help serve a number of commercial and government clients. This position is based in our Dover, NH or Washington, DC offices and will report directly to the Chief Science Officer. Level of placement (Senior Director or Vice President) is dependent on prior experience.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- The successful candidate will lead the meteorology team, which is responsible for the development, maintenance, modeling, and integration of weather, climate and other data into solutions that meet the needs of Athenium Analytics customers. This involves both staffing new positions and career development for existing personnel.
- Maintain and enhance automated, real-time model and product software systems
- Develop new scientific algorithms that build on current capabilities and add to Athenium Analytics’ intellectual assets
- Work with other Athenium Analytics staff including data scientists, sales, product developers and business developers to ensure on-time and on-budget completion of product related projects
- Interface with senior management to update them on potential for advancements in techniques that would give us a market advantage
- M.S. in meteorology with team leadership experience. PhD helpful
- Extensive experience procuring and manipulating meteorological or other geospatial datasets, in formats including GRIB, netCDF, Binary, HDF5
- Programming experience in the following: Python (preferred), UNIX shell scripting, FORTRAN, MATLAB, or R
- Excellent skills in communicating scientific work clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) or cloud computing experience
- Experience with GIS (ArcGIS or QGIS)
- Experience with radar-derived measurements of severe convective storms
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits package