Director, Insurance Strategy
Athenium Analytics is looking for a Director of Insurance Strategy to join our growing team! Successful candidates will work with an energetic, results-focused team of product managers, customer success managers, sales executives, marketing managers technical solutions specialists and engineers to provide services related to solution adoption, implementation and usage best practices to our current and potential customers.
Athenium Analytics has a team-based culture where we work hard and have fun while doing it. We seek to add team members who have the ability to work well in a collaborative environment and can demonstrate critical thinking skills and present and explain complex ideas to the group. Open communication and working well with others is of great value to us.
- Provide specialized, consultative knowledge related to insurance claims and underwriting quality assurance programs for purposes of:
- Enabling new sales growth by to bridging customer needs and requirements with Athenium Analytics solutions
- Consulting with and guiding new and existing customers in their quality assurance strategies to maximize customer success and adoption of Athenium Analytics solutions
- Collaborating and executing on market-facing brand awareness and lead generation programs, such as webinars, illustrating company domain expertise and thought leadership
- Identifying, with customer success managers, opportunities for further customer adoption, expansion and growth across Athenium Analytics solutions
- Driving, with the broader services organization, the construction of new customer training programs and guides to ensure accuracy, completeness, and user adoptability
- Manage a small portfolio of customer accounts, which includes the following tasks to ensure customer success:
- Design strategies and tactics to develop and maintain relationships with customers
- Partner with Product, Engineering, and Technical Support teams to develop and propose solutions for new customer needs and requirements
- Identify unfulfilled client needs within our organization
- Applying subject matter expertise in evaluating customer business operations and processes
- Develop consultative relationships with customers, including stakeholders and key executives
- Contribute to project scoping, planning, and risk assessment
- Creative problem solving and solution analysis, including exploration of alternative approaches
- Provide customer product feedback to the Product team to help inform future product development and alignment with customer needs
- Drive and close contract renewal efforts, including term negotiation discussions with customers. Work with Finance, as needed, on pricing terms
Minimum qualifications & skills
- Bachelor’s degree or working equivalent
- 5+ years claims experience with an insurance organization required, with additional underwriting and/or quality assurance experience preferred
- Customer service skills and a strong focus on customer satisfaction & communication strategies
- Exceptional leadership and mentorship abilities to help colleagues introduce and implement solutions
- MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels of an organization
- Problem solving/analytical skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Self-motivated personality
- Ability to travel 10% of the time, largely scheduled at your discretion
What we look for
- Outstanding listening, analytical, organizational and time management skills. A problem-solver at heart.
- teamthink product use experience a plus
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously, while meeting team and individual deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; Demonstrates a high level of diplomacy.
- Strong work ethic, hands-on, detail oriented with a customer service mentality.
- Team player, ability to work cross-functionally, self-driven, motivated, and able to work under pressure.
- Sense of humor, personality, and enthusiasm!
This is a full time role that will ideally be based out of our Dover, NH office. However, remote candidates will be considered.
About Athenium Analytics
Athenium Analytics is an insurtech SaaS company that uses historical data and predictive analytics to help insurance carriers & other organizations measure and manage quality and risk. Our web-based tools, specializing in quality assurance and risk management, are trusted by global, national and regional insurers. While insurance is our primary industry vertical, we also develop solutions for the U.S. Intelligence Community. Leveraging big data, cutting-edge artificial intelligence and market-driven insights, our products help organizational leadership identify and understand risk to make smart decisions faster.