Athenium Analytics is seeking a Data Scientist to assist the Data Science team in innovative data manipulation, analysis, predictive modeling, and delivery to commercial and government customers. Level of placement (regular or Senior Data Scientist) is dependent on prior experience.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Data sourcing, cleansing, and processing
- Statistical and machine learning model development, validation, and implementation
- Working independently and with team members to develop, refine, implement, and scale data management and analytics procedures and systems
- Solving world-class data science problems applied to insurance and non-insurance data
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field (M.S. or Ph.D.)
- Significant programming experience with Python, C++, IDL, R, or MATLAB (Python preferred)
- Familiarity with a Linux environment and shell scripting
- Working knowledge of statistical concepts
- Experience using machine learning techniques and software libraries to analyze large data sets
- Desire to learn about, explore, and invent new tools for solving real-world problems using data
- Experience analyzing unstructured data (e.g., web scraping, text analysis)
- Cloud computing experience, Amazon Web Services (AWS) a plus
- Proficiency with data extract, transform, and load (ETL) processes with a variety of data types
- Insurance or other financial modeling experience
- Experience managing people or projects
- Sense of humor, personality, and enthusiasm!
- Athenium Analytics offers a very competitive compensation package
This role will be based on Dover, NH or Washington, DC based on candidate preference.