Rare opportunity to join on the (nearly) ground floor of a rapidly growing data-sciences company serving the insurance market and U.S. Intelligence & Defense Community.
Athenium Analytics is seeking a Coordinator, External Affairs to support our CEO and Corporate Development Vice President. This position calls for great organizational, multi-tasking and writing skills and strong interest in contributing to a client-centric, growth-stage business driven by science and technology.
This position will be based in Washington, DC, or Dover, NH. Occasional travel will be required between company offices in NH, MA or DC, or to client sites; likely no more than 20%. Success in this role for the right applicant should lead to promotion in 6-to-12 months, either within Corporate Development – or moving onto the business development, marketing or product teams.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage short- and long-term scheduling priorities, including business-development and internal meetings, partnership discussions, board meetings and other commitments
- Balance competing demands on a dynamic, fully-packed calendar that would frequently benefit from more hours in the day.
- Coordinate meeting preparation, including developing agendas, distributing invites, creating and refining PowerPoint presentation materials and handling logistical details
- Research meeting attendees and companies to provide comprehensive background information
- Assist planning and execution of company events, including board & shareholder meetings, CEO townhalls, executive strategic sessions and team gatherings
- Book and manage travel arrangements for executive staff
- Attend and participate in planning and operational meetings with product, technology, data science, meteorology and marketing teams
- The exciting/dreaded “other duties as assigned”
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience; prior scheduling or legislative/political support work strongly preferred
- BA degree, preferably in politics, business, communications, risk management or related field
- Boundless intellectual curiosity, and excitement to grow alongside a fast-paced company
- Mastery level of writing
- Strong interest in learning more about science, technology and business
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent editing (with a complex understanding of the Oxford comma)
- Highly skilled with Microsoft Office, particularly PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Superb attention to detail, and must be unshakably devoted to checklists
- Comfort and skill in managing competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Great sense of humor
- Positive, resilient attitude and bias toward action
- Fact-based decision making
- Thriving under pressure and pleased to face challenging opportunities
- Diplomatic communication style for interacting with varied audiences
- Ability to work independently and with complete discretion
- Attractive base salary:
- $55-$65K commensurate with experience
- Multiple performance-based bonuses & equity
- Excellent benefits package including medical, short- and long-term disability, 401(k)
Job Type: Full-time