Athenium Analytics is seeking a motivated Associate Software Engineer to work on our team to design and develop creative software solutions for a variety of applications, and update and maintain existing applications and products. In this role, you will assist with product design, architecture and development.
Athenium Analytics has a team-based culture where we work hard and have fun while doing it. We seek to add team members who have the ability to work well in a collaborative environment and can demonstrate critical thinking skills and present and explain complex ideas to the group. Open communication and working well with others is of great value to us.
Key Responsibilities (General Day to Day):
- Collaborate with product management, meteorology and data science teams to design solutions to customer needs.
- Develop and document new software.
- Test and maintain new and existing applications and features.
- Work closely with Customer Success team to provide second level customer support and feedback.
- Utilize software engineering tools such as configuration management systems, build processes, and debuggers in the software development process.
- Collaborate and add value through participation in peer code reviews and design meetings, providing comments and suggestions.
- Produce quality solutions in a fast-paced environment.
- Work collaboratively and professionally with other team members in cross functional teams to achieve goals.
- Apply a sense of urgency, commitment and focus on the right priorities in developing solutions in a timely fashion.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Math or Physics or a technical field (such as CIS or IT).
- Passion for creating the best user experiences using design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Knowledge and utilization of engineering tools necessary for successful performance of the essential functions of this job description.
- Experience with Android and iOS design and development using Ionic or React Native
- Experience developing user flows, annotated wireframes, and interactive prototypes
- Experience with unit and integration testing
- Familiarity with continuous integration products such as Jenkins
- Experience in AWS or other cloud environment
- Understanding of meteorology, agronomy or physics
- Experience with scientific programming languages
What we look for:
- Outstanding listening, analytical, organizational and time management skills. Ability to dig into data, surface actionable insights and demonstrates sound decision-making skills. A problem-solver at heart.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously, while meeting team deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; Demonstrates a high level of diplomacy.
- Strong work ethic, hands-on, detail oriented with a customer service mentality.
- Team player, ability to work cross-functionally, self-driven, motivated, and able to work under pressure.
- Sense of humor, personality, and enthusiasm!
About Athenium Analytics:
Athenium Analytics is an insurtech SaaS company that uses historical data and predictive analytics to help insurance carriers & other businesses measure and manage quality and risk. Our web-based tools, specializing in quality assurance and risk management, are trusted by more than two dozen of the top 100 insurance carriers in the U.S. and have driven millions of dollars in cost savings for claims, underwriting and QA teams. While insurance is our primary industry vertical, we also develop solutions for construction, financial trading, and agriculture. Leveraging big data, cutting-edge artificial intelligence and market-driven insights, our products help organizational leadership identify and understand risk to make smart decisions faster. Learn more at: https://www.athenium.com