Athenium Analytics is seeking an Associate Data Scientist to assist the Data Science team in innovative data manipulation, analysis, predictive modeling, and delivery to commercial and government customers.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Working with team members to solve world-class data science problems applied to insurance and non-insurance data
- Data gathering, data cleansing, data processing
- Assisting with statistical and machine learning model development and testing
- Working independently and with team members to develop, refine, implement, and scale data management and analytics procedures and systems
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in a quantitative field (B.S. or M.S.)
- Programming experience with Python, C++, IDL, R, or MATLAB (Python preferred)
- Working knowledge of statistical concepts
- Experience using software libraries for gathering, cleansing, and processing data
- Desire to learn about, explore, and invent new tools for solving real-world problems using data
- Familiarity with a Linux environment and shell scripting
- Experience analyzing unstructured data (e.g., web scraping, text analysis)
- Proficiency with data extract, transform, and load (ETL) processes with a variety of data types
- Sense of humor, personality, and enthusiasm!