Associate Data Scientist
Athenium Analytics is seeking an Associate Data Scientist to assist the Data Science team in innovative data manipulation, analysis, predictive modeling, and delivery to commercial and government customers.
Athenium Analytics has a team-based culture where we work hard and have fun while doing it. We seek to add team members who have the ability to work well in a collaborative environment and can demonstrate critical thinking skills and present and explain complex ideas to the group. Open communication and working well with others is of great value to us.
- Work with team members to solve world-class data science problems applied to insurance and non-insurance data
- Data gathering, data cleansing, data processing
- Assist with statistical and machine learning model development and testing
- Work both independently and with team members to develop, refine, implement, and scale data management and analytics procedures and systems
- Graduate degree in a quantitative field (M.S.) or undergraduate degree plus experience
- Programming experience with Python, C++, IDL, R, or MATLAB (Python preferred)
- Working knowledge of statistical concepts
- Experience using software libraries for gathering, cleansing, and processing data
- Desire to learn about, explore, and invent new tools for solving real-world problems using data
- Keen attention to detail
- Familiarity with a Linux environment and shell scripting
- Experience analyzing unstructured data (e.g., web scraping, text analysis), or
- Experience analyzing scientific, geospatial data
- Proficiency with data extract, transform, and load (ETL) processes with a variety of data types
What we look for
- Outstanding listening, analytical, organizational and time management skills. Ability to dig into data, surface actionable insights and demonstrates sound decision-making skills. A problem-solver at heart
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously, while meeting team deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; Demonstrates a high level of diplomacy
- Strong work ethic, hands-on, detail oriented with a customer service mentality
- Team player, ability to work cross-functionally, self-driven, motivated, and able to work under pressure
- Sense of humor, personality, and enthusiasm!
This full time position will ideally be based in Dover, NH. Remote candidates will be considered.
About Athenium Analytics
Athenium Analytics is an Insurtech SaaS company that uses historical data and predictive analytics to help insurance carriers & other organizations measure and manage quality and risk. Our web-based tools, specializing in quality assurance and risk management, are trusted by global, national and regional insurers. While insurance is our primary industry vertical, we also develop solutions for the U.S. Intelligence Community. Leveraging big data, cutting-edge artificial intelligence and market-driven insights, our products help organizational leadership identify and understand risk to make smart decisions faster. Learn more at: https://www.athenium.com