Athenium Analytics is seeking a Data Scientist with AI / deep learning expertise to assist the Imagery Analytics group in innovative computer vision and deep learning analysis for the market’s leading imagery analytics program for insurers.
Athenium Analytics has a team-based culture where we work hard and have fun while doing it. We seek to add team members who have the ability to work well in a client-centric collaborative environment and can demonstrate critical thinking skills and present and explain complex ideas to the group. Open communication and working well with others is of great value to us.
Roles & Responsibilities:
General Day to Day:
- Adapt and develop complex AI / deep learning algorithms to analyze and identify key attributes in images that are important to customers in a wide variety of applications
- Deep learning model training, validation, and implementation
- Working independently and with team members to develop, refine, implement, and scale data management and analytics procedures and systems
- Produce quality solutions in a fast-paced environment
- Work collaboratively and professionally with other team members in cross functional teams to achieve goals
- Apply a sense of urgency, commitment and focus on the right priorities in developing solutions in a timely fashion
- PhD or Masters degree in a relevant field
- Significant programming experience with Python or C++
- Familiarity with a Linux environment and shell scripting
- Working knowledge of statistical concepts
- Proficiency in OpenCV and processing and manipulating image data
- Experience with training and running convolutional neural networks
- Desire to learn about, explore, and invent new tools for solving real-world problems using data
- Cloud computing experience, Amazon Web Services (AWS) a plus
- Proficiency with data extract, transform, and load (ETL) processes with a variety of data types and data storage systems (e.g., AWS S3, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with Caffe or Tensorflow; Tensorflow preferred
What we look for:
- Outstanding listening, analytical, organizational and time management skills. Ability to dig into data, surface actionable insights and demonstrates sound decision-making skills. A problem-solver at heart.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously, while meeting team deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; Demonstrates a high level of diplomacy.
- Strong work ethic, hands-on, detail oriented with a customer service mentality.
- Team player, ability to work cross-functionally, self-driven, motivated, and able to work under pressure.
- Sense of humor, personality, and enthusiasm!
This position may be based in Dover, NH or Washington DC based on candidate preference.